Need tips: How to Cut-in a nice edge on knock-down

I'm reapinting the inside of my house, and all the walls and ceilings are textured in the classic "knock down" style. I've tried a couple methods of cutting in the edges (ie, I tried using a brush and an edging guide, and I tried an edging pad.), but nothing is really giving me a nice clean edge. Does anyone have any tips?
Thanks,
Jean

What is a knock down style?
Patrick
Jean wrote:

I use something - chisel, usually - to physically cut in a line through the texture at the top of the wall. Paint over that line with the ceiling paint, up to it with the wall color.