Repeated clogs in the same sewer line??????????

I have had repeated clogs in the sewer drain pipe which goes from my house to the effluent tank about 25 feet from my house. (The effluent from this tank goes to a larger septic tank where it is then pumped to a drainage field)

We are very careful about what we flush down the toilet and putting food scraps in the kitchen sink.

I have had this problem drain line electronically rootered several times from the outside clean out plug, and it clears the line, only to have it clog up two months later. At times I have even tried using a plunger at the clean out plug and that has also given a temporary fix.

What is your guess as to what the problem might be???? Thanks for your help

Reply to
victor

roots which keep growing back

Reply to
Art

I see that a lot with people who use TIDE laundry detergent. If you use Tide, try switching to another detergent.

Or it could be roots.

Stretch

Reply to
Stretch

Root it out again, and pull back some of the stuff doing the clogging?

Otherwise, SWAG says tree roots breaking into the pipe or a connection (hub)?

Reply to
John Hines

Ask whoever does the rooting what's in there. If they are cutting through roots, they should know. You might try looking down the cleanout plug with a flashlight. I finally dug down to expose the pipe for my similar problem, and found the roots getting in through an old pipe joint.

Reply to
Bert Byfield

The rooter guy is not going to tell you since he has a steady source of income. Find someone (plumber) with a camera setup and have him take a look. It may cost a few bucks, but once you see the problem you may be able to make a permanent fix.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

The camera is going to show a shitty view.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

I had one like this. Due to settling, the pipe between the house and the street sagged so the pipe went down and then back up. It was only a few inches but enough for everything to settle in the low spot and every few months block the pipe with sediment. Had to replace the pipe and put in some fill underneath.

Bob

Reply to
Robertm

Guys-Thanks for your help!..........Just wanted to add.....-the pipe is

4" white drainage pipe, the run to the septic tank is about 25 feet. The pipe is routed under some 5 foot high yews planted about 3 feet from the house

Is plastic drainge pipe also prone to root problems?

Reply to
victor

Reply to
nospambob

Not so badly as joints don't tend to open and it doesn't rot like cast or galvanized or crack like clay tile...

...Sulfate...

Reply to
Duane Bozarth