need help finding an LED replacement bulb

Page 1 of 2
Hi All,
I am drawing a blank trying to find what LED bulb would replace this 6V, 4W incandescent bulb that gave my wife a nasty burn on here sewing machine (Bernina 1130).
http://www.vacsew.com/bernina-1090-light-bulb-3055000-g.html
Anyone know a seller that would have a good cross reference?
Many thanks, -T
Todd wrote:

First is the bulb on 6V AC or DC power source? You may have to jury rig to make it fit. Google "6V AC/DC LED bulb" You may need a socket off old bulb to jury rig one. Good luck. My wife loves to saw, has 3 sewing machines and a serger. She likes White-Elna computerized one. She no more knits tho, knitting machine is given away.
On 01/11/2015 06:50 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

No idea

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
On 1/11/15 9:12 PM, Todd wrote:

Try http://www.bulbtown.com/316_MINIATURE_BULB_BA9S_BASE_p/316.htm
or
Here is one on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/390950776493?lpid &chn=ps
Retired wrote:

OP is looking for cool LED bulb replacement, you're pointing to incandescent ones, Funny, LOL!
On 01/11/2015 06:54 PM, Retired wrote:

I was trying to show some specs on the original incandescent

BA9S base.
now to figure out if it is AC or DC
Thank you!

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
On 01/11/2015 07:16 PM, Todd wrote:

Not sure this is a BA9S base. That is what they use in cars:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/cat/led-vehicle-replacement-bulbs/filter/Cross_Reference_Number,BA9S-6V,21,238 :
This is more like what they use in some flashlights
Todd wrote:

Do a search on eBay "6V AC/DC LED bulb" couple dollars many shapes and forms you can pick from.
On 1/11/2015 7:16 PM, Todd wrote:

How do they drive the lamp? AC? DC? drive impedance? Color temperature of LED. Drives some people nutz if not incandescent. Where does the light come out?
I tried to find a LED replacement for a grinder. Light needed out the side. Doesn't help if the light comes out the end.
They make LED flashlight conversions. WalMart has 'em fairly cheap. You'll have to convert the base and figure out how to aim it where you want.
On 1/11/2015 9:12 PM, Todd wrote:

That is not an LED and there may not be an alternative. Check www.bulbtronics.com They had a lot of odd-ball stuff.

I hate to recommend this overpriced place, but maybe they will have something.
It was formerly called "Batteries Plus" Now it's called "Batteries Plus Bulbs". Prepare to pay TOO MUCH for it, but they may have it.
Otherwise you may be forced to make up something to put in that socket, or even change the socket. Even some of those LED Christmas bulbs would probably work, but you may need to wire in the socket cut off a lithe string, and will need to add a resistor to one bulb lead. (Someone on alt.electronics.xxxxx can probably assist in what size resistor to use...).

You can be virtually sure it is AC. A #87 bulb meets your spec - and Lighting Supply carries an LED replacement that runs on 6-24 volts Part # Item No. T5.5SC/WH/6V-28V, about $12 US. SOSlightbulbs.com also carries it as SCB-COLOR-28 #87 at about $10.
Lots of other sources for the same basic bulb. These bulbs will work on AC or DC from 5 to 24 volts.

On 01/11/2015 07:42 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

http://www.lightingsupply.com/T5-5SC-WH-6V-28V.aspx
Now to figure out if the original is a 15 mm base.
Thank you!
My wife said she only has one bulb build in.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped
On 01/11/2015 09:34 PM, Todd wrote:

Manual says:
There are two low voltage lamps both 6V, 4 W. One bulb is situated at the front. left, the other behind the presser her, right.
To change the bulbs use special tool [bayonet socket].
To change the bulb at the rear, remove diffuser .

Wrong bulb - that's a BA9 base

an LED replacement. The bulb he wants to replace is roughly a #87
bulb. (Ba15S type base, )

size as a standard automotive tail lamp bulb - correct???
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 21:30:22 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

area and you want something relatively bright. Does this machine have 2 of these bulbs built into the case, or is this a more or less external single lamp? If it is one of 2 built into the case or body of the machine it could well be a BA9S instead of a BA15S base. - and a #55 bulb may be the closer replacement, but these are generally closer to 1.5 watt, not 4 watt. A 316, 267, or 238 bulb may be closer - and BulbTown has an LED replacement T3-1/4 6V-28V WHITE L.E.D. DOME TOP MINIATURE BULB BA9S BASE and it is also suitable for both AC and DC use.
On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 23:22:33 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I wouldnt think a small bulb like that would cause burns to someone. Those old 7W (C7) Christmas tree and nitelite bulbs never got that hot. Maybe that bulb is a halogen. They get much hotter. Maybe the OP should just get a good desk lamp or wall mounted lamp above the sewing machine. I am sure that would be brighter anyhow.
On 01/11/2015 11:23 PM, snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote:

Get in the way of the cloth going through the machine
On 01/11/2015 06:12 PM, Todd wrote:

Looking to see if this one will fit:
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/ba9s-ba7s/ba9s-led-bulb-4-led/6/#/tab/Specifications