LED Replacement Bulb/Power Unit- Can't Find

I can't find a replacement part for an LED light that goes in a recessed ceiling housing.

In mid-2014, I had three matching recessed LED lights installed in my bathroom ceiling. One started to flicker a week ago, so I removed the LED hoping to get the part number and find it online. Nope.

What I pulled out of the recessed can in the ceiling was the LED light with it's surrounding trim, and the power module. I don't know which item went bad. The power module plugs into the recessed can (still in the ceiling) and then into the LED light itself.

Here are photos of the front and rear of both the LED and power module.

Any idea which unit may be bad, or should I just replace both?

The problem is that I can't find the replacement(s) anywhere online. The electrician that originally installed the lights in 2014 did not leave the boxes/instructions (as I requested, anticipating this).

By the way, the bathroom that this light is in is not used much, less than a few hours a week. So much for the claim that LEDs last long.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Reply to
Boris

You have 3 of these in your bathroom - that's 2 test ports to troubleshoot the questionable components ?

It looks like this Home Depot model < ? > :

John T.

Reply to
hubops

snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I do have two other lights for testing, and did consider that...I just didn't want to get back up on the ladder. My balance is shot. Maybe my wife?

Anyway, that linked picture looks exactly what I need. I had seen that before, but what I now see on the left of the picture is the recessed can, I thought was some sort of adapter that screwed into a standard incandescent light bulb socket.

Thanks.

Reply to
Boris

It comes with an adapter as shown in the picture that screws into an incandescent socket as per the description :

" Medium base socket adapter included."

Once you are sure of the make & model you can search online for a replacement with more certainty. Don't be surprised if it's obsolete after 8 years .. but the better lighting places or the manufacturer ? might offer a suitable replacement .. John T.

Reply to
hubops

snipped-for-privacy@ccanoemail.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ah, yes. I see what you mean. That's a socket adapter, not the recessed can.

I see that the link you provided says the item is unavailable. I've looked for it here in the U.S. and it's nowhere to be found. There are close matches, but it's hard to tell what will work. I'll bet it is indeed discontinued. Maybe I'll have to replace all three to make them match.

I see this:

but the output is only 8W, whereas the original power module output is "max. 11.2W.

I could trouble shoot to see if the power module or LED is bad, but I can't find a replacement for either.

I think I'll go to a local electtric supply/contractor and see what they have to offer or recommend, or what advice they have.

Thanks for all your replies.

Reply to
Boris