NEC section for telephone wiring ?

Is there an NEC section for telephone wiring standards with wire specs and such ? OR so they just regulate the distance from power wiring ?
Thanks, Bob
Article 800
It covers some requirements. You can also look at the EIA/TIA 570 document.

I seem to recall seeing something on the FCC website, noting CAT-3 as minimum for in-house phone wiring.
-don
On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:45:13 GMT, Don snipped-for-privacy@nc.rr.com (DonS) wrote:

That was the start of my inquiry actually. It seems the FCC passed a reg in 2001 requiring cat3 minimum for telco to support future networking. I'd like to check into the code book and see if the NEC has picked up on this.
Bob

I would recommend going Cat5e even for phones. With phones/network all Cat5e and hopefully 'home run' to a central location, the wires can be interchanged for phone/LAN and other options, not just a daisy-chained phone.
Maury
No cable type requirement in the NEC, of the type you are looking for.
wrote:

document.
minimum

Thanks, Bob