Name of plug in US

Not the ones I saw in the picture. The center pin is WAY too fat for an F. They're simply audiophool-style RCA connectors with a solid shell that looks "kewl".

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

And are good for about ten or twenty insertions before they get loose.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

A car antenna connector (AM band) has an "inside-out" shell:

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I'll never ever waste my money on NiMH batteries again. They're the crappiest excuse for batteries I've ever encountered. After about six months of use, and charge/use cycles, their useful life (per charge) deteriorates to a matter of seconds.

Anyone who spends money on NiMHs, even with a "smart" charger, is an idiot.

And you misspelled "losing."

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

THERE IS NO APOSTROPHE IN THE POSSESSIVE ITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please clue up.

Rich Grise, Self-Appointed Chief, Internet Apostrophe Police

Reply to
Rich Grise

These guys seem to know:

Hope This Helps! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The 'G' connector was mostly used on modules in CATV line amps and MATV headend modules to plug in band splitters, single channel strip amplifiers or other items. They had to make a very good connection, and there was no room to use something like a BNC connector. Not only did the connectors have to pass power to amplifier modules, they provided all the mechanical mounting for the modules. The final requirement was no RF leakage, even though there were no threads.

Do a search for "Small Computer Serial Interface" for another laugh. It gives over 70K hits but a few years ago it was over a half million, including the website of a college in their computer course. I emailed them to point out the bad information and was told that "That is an old page, and we don't update those."

It describes the shell size and number of possible contacts. The S or P tells which half. It would be rare to find someone who only carries one half, wouldn't it? :)

RCA used them in their TV transmitters. I had a couple new, Amphenol still in the bags I picked up surplus when I worked in Broadcasting.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No, It was developed by Galvin manufacturing, who called their first car radio the 'Motorola'. Then they changed the company's name to Motorola.

How so? The Motorola plug has an exposed center conductor, and spring contacts on the body to hold it in the jack.

The RCA jack was developed for radios to add a Phono input to sell turntables instead of the existing acoustic phonos. The connector has a shorter center pin, and the outer contact was split ever 90 degrees to allow it to be forced over the jack. Most early phono connectors I saw wouldn't fit inside a Motorola jack, and the center contact was too short to reach the center of a Motorola jack. Also, the braid of the shielded cable was soldered to the shell of the Phono connector, but the Motorola plugs were crimped to the shield of the RG-62, 93 ohm coax. Some OEMs didn't even solder the center pin. Instead, they shoved a piece of rubber into it, to hold the wire to the side.

Of course they did. At one time a 'Factory radio' for a Ford vehicle could be a Bendix, a Motorola, or a Philco. General Motors radios were built by Delco, who built home radios at one time. The smaller car companies bought customized radios from various manufacturers with the required nosepiece, shaft spacings and lengths to fit that car.

Not true. A lot of early US radios used the same connectors for batteries. Tube families all used the same sockets. Binding Posts, Phone Tip Jacks, and Banana Jacks were very common to connect headphone or speakers. The common terminal strips were used as well.

Most of the military connectors developed for W.W.II were obsolete soon after the war ended, and the next generation of Military electronics was developed. They are the hardest thing to find when you collect surplus military electronics.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

????? (CSSA):

YAWn.............................................

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A friend's mother has an RCA radio with a Television jack. Apparently it was "television ready" in that you could plug your speakerless, audio-amplifier-free RCA television into it.

The problem with both the RCA plug and the Motorola plug, compared to other coaxial plugs, is that the hot lead makes contact before the ground does.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

Reply to
John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

Reply to
John Fields

=B4=E4=BA=A4! =E4=B8=8D=E6=89=93=E4=BA=A4! =E4=B8=8D=E6=89=93=E5=8A=AB! =E4= =B8=8D=E8=87=AA=E6=AE=BA! =E8=AB=8B=E8=80=83=E6=85=AE=E7=B6=9C=E6=8F=B4 (CS= SA):

Dont know what they are called but Radio Shack has the adapters, just bought one. Also for what it is worth the male plugs for those cables will fit a stard F type socket. I thought they were just quick connect F connectors and had bee using them as such until I bought a stereo for my daughter that HAD to have one.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Roy and all his dirty, crack smoking sock puppets:

Roy J Quijano

415 E 151st St Bronx, NY 10455 (718) 292-1943

He's the reason for my current sigfile.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That's because they were never intended to be plugged in to equipment under power, due to leakage currents in the AC powered equipment. There is a Switchcraft version of the Phono/RCA that has a built in switch to be used hot. It can be wired to short out the connector, until the plug is inserted.

Explain want difference it would make on a car radio? that is the only application it was designed for.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A pin connected to a long metal rod, inserted into an amplifier input

-- what could possibly go wrong?

Reply to
spamtrap1888

You dirty low down Lying Libelous creep I've never done crack and I my friends are not crackheads. You're the one responsible for all the flaming going on...and the author of several criminally abusive trolls.

Pray the charges I filed go though, in the long run you will be better off than if Divine Justice gets you.

You Pathetic Cyberstalking Coward! Go ahead bring your foolish fat face and confront me at my place. We'll see who's wrong...you filthy flaming sack of nothingness.

Mr. Roy Quijano Electrical Electronic Technician Disabled Bronx, NY USA 10455 "The trouble with some "educated" people is they forget they are but children in Gods sight.

Reply to
Roy Quijano

Am 2.5.2011 schrub Jamie:

I found "IEC 60169-2" on

text is German, though).

Another search for "IEC 60169-2" led here:

So, "Belling-Lee", as others pointed out, would be correct.

Josef

Reply to
Josef Moellers

Nothing that you would understand. Leave electronics to those who know what they are doing, but practice your pathetic trolling somewhere else.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell