Old-style Shelf Support Clips

I need to add more shelves to a built-in bookcase. The shelves are supported by clips that fit pilaster strips, similar to Rubbermaid Stripes & Clips or the Knapp & Voight clips (shown here:

my pilaster strips have double rows of round holes and my clips have dual tabs to fit them, not the central tab of the systems I find in stores now.

Is there any way to get more clips that fit my current strips?

Reply to
Ivan

Try

If that doesn't bring up page 1609, then enter it in the search block.

They would be my first choice- quick service and cheap shipping. [east coast, anyway]

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

It's better to post a picture of what you do have, rather than what you don't.

RicodJour

AMEN!

Reply to
hrhofmann

Where do you live? Where is the bookcase?

If in the US, I think you should not use pilaster when you search. I've never heard the word. Even "support" probably won't help.

Shelf clips sounds right.

In person, ACE Hardware is the best chain in the US.

Elliot's Hardware in Dallas is afaik the best independant store in the US, and you can email them a picture, and they will send someone out to the floor to see if they have it, and they'll probably look in their catalogs for you too. I used to go to Dallas and they had 7 or

8 kinds of pins alone. (I didn't look for clips.) I bought for one bookcase when I was there, and later wanted to make another. They shipped me 20 shelf pegs for 39 cents postage and handling, just the cost of a first class stamp, no charge for the little manilla envelope. This was 15 years ago and I don't promise their shipping is so cheap now, but I'm sure it's not high.
OTOH, they are in Texas and some products are used only in one part of the country.

Plus google images

12 million hits. I"m sure they won't still be shelf clips after a little while.

Reply to
mm