Name of plug in US

You dirty low down Lying Libelous creep I've never done crack and I my friends are not crackheads. You're the one responsible for all the flaming going on...and the author of several criminally abusive trolls.
Pray the charges I filed go though, in the long run you will be better off than if Divine Justice gets you.
You Pathetic Cyberstalking Coward! Go ahead bring your foolish fat face and confront me at my place. We'll see who's wrong...you filthy flaming sack of nothingness.
Mr. Roy Quijano Electrical Electronic Technician Disabled Bronx, NY USA 10455 "The trouble with some "educated" people is they forget they are but children in Gods sight.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sun, 1 May 2011 23:05:23 -0700 (PDT), Roy Quijano

You're such a liar, Roy.

What a moron.

Pot, kettle, you're black as the ace of spades, Roy.

That's for sure. Mentally.

Some are just children, Roy. Now, go away.
Add pictures here
✖
On Mon, 2 May 2011 23:09:11 -0700 (PDT), The Ghost in The Machine

Some are totally illiterate, Roy.

Penicillin is good for that.
Add pictures here
✖
John Fields wrote:

I just got a spam report from Earthlink. Apparently 'it' is still mailing threats and doesn't understand that I'll never see anything more than the subject line in those reports, since Earthlink deletes them before they can hit my inbox.
--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
Jeff Liebermann wrote:
[snip]

What would you call a connector the same size as a DE9, but has 15 pins? The one used for video output from PCs.
[snip]
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

That connector is extremely common in Italy. Its name is "9.5mm TV plug", see http://www.xy-cabling.com/products/9-5mm-tv-plug-and-jack-602551.html
Adapters to F connectors are also very common, see http://phaetonelectronic.en.made-in-china.com/product/AbWnTkFEhlhd/China-9-5mm-TV-Male-To-F-Female-Connector.html
Regards
Antonio Vernucci, Rome Italy
Add pictures here
✖
"Man-wai Chang" wrote in message
What's the name of the plugs in USA?
It seems that USA televisions only use F Type connectors.
--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!

You must live in a Cable world. F is the only thing that will connect to the antenna jack (or signal input jack) on most or all American tvs these days, and to DVD recorders, and to VCRs in the past, and this works well because F-connectors are used on the end of co-ax that goes to antennas too, in the attic, on the roof, and probably from rabbit ears, which btw are still sold.
So it hardly just for cable TV.

Yes, you're right.

Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 19:39:47 +0800, Man-wai Chang

So you want this to go on the antenna connector of a USA television?
Yes, F-connectors, but the name for oe without threads that goes on quickly and holds on by spring tension, I don't know if I ever knew.
They sell adapters to go from threads to smooth at Ace Hardware for a really good price, plus I guess they would have to name them on the bubble pack. Hey< I still have some bubble packs.
Video adapter Push-on. Converts screw-on "F" type plug to push-on.
Adaptador para video A presion
Only 99 cents a piece. Much cheaper than other brick stores, and almost as cheap as mail order. Plus Ace Hardware has more hardware than HD and Lowes.
So it's a push-on F-conector!
Add pictures here
✖

That is, if the answer to this question is Yes.
The url you give does have a center pin that is thicker than a US tv will accept. But you brought up TVs so I'm figuring you provided the wrong picture.

Add pictures here
✖
Man-wai Chang wrote:

The UK version is mentioned here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_aerial_plug
"Belling-Lee connector or IEC 169-2 connector, more often simply known as TV aerial plug"
A lot of my wiring here (Canada), is done with F series.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F_connector
The RCA / Cinch connector is also a common connector type on home electronics, being used for audio and video. Compared to the Belling-Lee, the central prong is longer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RCA_connector
The antenna connector in my car, is like none of those, so there is at least one other flavor, and the prong on that one is even longer. I've not succeeded in finding a match for it. (Antenna rusted off car, so currently the car has no antenna. I get an extra mile per gallon that way :-) )
Paul
Add pictures here
✖

The car radio antenna plug if often called "Motorola" no doubt it has a technical name too, but Wikipedia doesn't seem to know it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_connector
--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Add pictures here
✖

Motorola was the first or one of the first to make radios for motor cars. Hence the name motor ola.

Add pictures here
✖
Jasen Betts wrote:

Why can't Motorola be it's proper name? It was "invented" by Motorola. It's a longer version of the the RCA connector, "invented" by RCA.
Probably at one time RCA had a patent on its connector and Motorola had a patent on theirs.
It wasn't until the second world war that the concept of standarization across manufacturers was pushed. Companies made their own parts, connectors, etc, and tried to prevent competion.
Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.

connectors,
It seems that the manufacturers of anything battery-powered haven't gotten the message. I have two shelves full of nearly identical batteries and nearly identical chargers that are totally incompatible.
-- Bobby G.
Add pictures here
✖
Robert Green wrote:

While I personally think the world would be a better place if everyone standardized on 1.2 volt AA batteries (preferably NiMH at the moment) it's a loosing battle.
You would figure that after the battery disaster with the original iPod Apple would have done something better but it seems that their customers prefer internal batteries that need to be replace by a technician or the entire device recycled.
Come to think of it, every pocket music or video player I have ever seen except for the first, a 256meg USB stick, had a "permanent" battery.
Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.
✖
Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

I'll never ever waste my money on NiMH batteries again. They're the crappiest excuse for batteries I've ever encountered. After about six months of use, and charge/use cycles, their useful life (per charge) deteriorates to a matter of seconds.
Anyone who spends money on NiMHs, even with a "smart" charger, is an idiot.
And you misspelled "losing."
Hope This Helps! Rich
Add pictures here
✖

Or the "GR" plug on General Radio equipment. People my age fairly universally called it the "double banana" plug.
Add pictures here
✖

The "GR" connector is *not* a "double banana". The GR connector is a hermaphroditic connector about an inch in diameter.
Some GR to BNC in the first pic and a GR 'T's in the second and third:
http://www.mgs4u.com/RF-Microwave/RF-connectors.htm
Add pictures here
✖

I mean the 1924 GR plug, not some modern 1960s RF connector.
Add pictures here
✖