My crappy new washing machine

Page 9 of 9

For anyone following this thread it never hurts to check into government rebates like sales tax refunds or income tax refunds for buying efficient stuff like appliances. Just make sure the retailers don't jack up the prices during the rebate period like they sometimes will for a/c's or furnaces.

This is a top loader, yes I agree front loaders dont need an agitator and they do a great job.l Wish I had a front loader but they are also 50% more costly.
== ehh... it's hard to beat an old Kenmore quality top loader for cleanliness. Side loaders do alright with the right detergents and some not so.
Jim

Look for different detergents and see if one works better.
We have a WP Duet and it doesn't work well with low phosphates detergents. But, of course, fish don't like phosphates and algae does.
Jim

I have been using a device for the past 2 years called a Laundry Pure. Use no soap, washes done in cold water. Works well. Only time we use soap is to pre treat some whites or pre treat really dirty clothes. I did not believe it would work before we got it, but it does so far. Have saved a ton on Tide.'

I have been using a device for the past 2 years called a Laundry Pure. Use no soap, washes done in cold water. Works well. Only time we use soap is to pre treat some whites or pre treat really dirty clothes. I did not believe it would work before we got it, but it does so far. Have saved a ton on Tide.'

I have been using a device for the past 2 years called a Laundry Pure. Use no soap, washes done in cold water. Works well. Only time we use soap is to pre treat some whites or pre treat really dirty clothes. I did not believe it would work before we got it, but it does so far. Have saved a ton on Tide.'
On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 21:31:48 -0700 (PDT), RickH
machine:

Well said.

Low water top load "disc" washers are becoming the standard on the market, and in fact I think that simpler high-water agitator washers are being eliminated from the marketplace. The greenies are at the root of this. Front load washers seem to be more effective than these newer top load washers. If you want to protect yourself from this onslaught, buy two regular washers, one to use, the other for spare part that you can use way into the future. Same with lightbulbs: stock up now if you want to avoid CFLs.
On Wed, 22 Sep 2010 18:39:30 -0700 (PDT), AE Todd

Yeah! The great technology conspiracy! I have a stash of mint condition buggy whips in my closet. LOL

Technology has nothing to do with it. It's politics. OTOH, perhaps you still use buggy whips. I'll be using incandescent bulbs for a decade, or more.

It doesn't matter what kind of bulbs you use. You'll still be in the dark.

You are still using buggy whips, except at the receiving end.
Agree, unfortunately you do need water to clean our cloths
Need to stir longer before it goes into the oven.