My crappy new washing machine

Page 7 of 9

Precisely. It's possible that the dealer will be the manufacturer's representative (which is another reason to name both - conflict) and it's likely that one or the other will have the suit dismissed for one reason or another. You want to make sure someone is left standing. If the manufacturer claims that they're not responsible because the dealer is, and the dealer points back, you can let the judge release a fish without losing the case because *someone* is responsible.

On 9/19/2010 8:44 AM, RickH wrote:

Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances ...- Hide quoted text -

when you do that, think Whirlpool duet. (no steam). You won't be disappointed.
--
Steve Barker
On 09/19/2010 08:44 AM, RickH wrote:

Try selling it for $200 to somebody whose clothes never get very dirty :-) That was probably the assumption of the dimwit designers anyway.
Very snappy review, by the way.
I have to use oxiclean to get out odors. I never thought we were exceptionally Stinky. Well not until we got this washer that hardly uses any water. I go to dollar tree and get their version of generic oxygen cleaner. Seems to work
On 9/18/2010 11:31 PM, RickH wrote:

I don't think it takes a rocket scientist to know that any top loader without an agitator is going to be worthless. And ONE gallon of water?? Are you serious? Our front loader uses 14 and i thought that was skimping a bit.
--
Steve Barker

This is not even new technology. There were agitatorless washers on the mkt 60 yrs ago. I came by a used one back in the late 70s. I ditched it after a few months, it never getting clothes clean.
It's unfortunate that GE has sunk so low. They used to make excellent products. They made one of the best clock radios ever produced in the late 50s. Mine lasted 20 yrs and I was still seeing like models in 2nd hand shops 10 yrs later. Likewise a toaster. My last washer was a GE toploaders and would outclean any other washer on the mkt, top or frontloader. If I ever buy another washer/dryer set, I'll look for a used set like I had.
nb
Those front loading washing machines are not new. My mother had one in the 50's made by Westinghouse. It washed and cleaned fine. But still had to hang clothes out on the line to dry. Used more than gal. of water.
Drawback of those machines in my opinion is if you forget to put something in the washer. Don't open while in wash cycle or you will have a flood in your house.
I'll stick with my Whirlpool washer and dryer I have had for over 20 years.
Pat wrote:

I wanted a pair of those front loading washer/matching dryer sets but at the time they cost way too much. Laundry isn't my life, I just like getting all my dirty clothing etc clean once a week.
Then I read that the wash cycle on those front loaders takes 90 minutes. Holy crow, if that's true it's a deal breaker for me. That would put the DAY in laundry day for me, forget it.
nancy

Where did you read about the 90 minute wash cycle for "those front loaders"?
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Somewhere, why, do you have evidence to the contrary? As a matter of fact, I think it was Consumer Reports, I'm sure that's not your favorite source. Someone wrote in How can they be energy saving if they run that long, that's why I noticed it.
nancy
wrote

The one in my basement is my evidence. It's a Frigidaire model GLTR1670A, purchased in 2004. It's done in 45-50 minutes, less for the delicate cycle, and slightly more for the "Heavy Load" cycle. But never more than an hour.
I like Consumer Reports, and I'd be surprised if they made an all-inclusive statement without actually timing the cycles.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

That's why I said 'If it's true' ... if I ever decide to get a front loader, I'll certainly check cycle time before choosing a model. My washer seems to take about a half hour given the normal cycle.

I'm sure they didn't; as I said, someone wrote in asking about that 90 minute cycle, I didn't go to the library to check what in the article alluded to that.
nancy
Nancy Young wrote:

Reported minutes for Bosch & Whirlpool:
Permanent press - 56 Regular cotton - 60 Reg cotton with temp boost - 90 XXtraSanitary - 140

Almost 2-1/2 hrs? What's it do, burn the clothes and reweave them?
nb

That was my question. Heck it only takes 20 minutes to autoclave something.
and name it after the IRS.
On 9/20/2010 5:21 PM, notbob wrote:

You need to remember that post was from someone who really doesn't stand for anything and who just enjoys screwing with people to get a response...

No, it really does take 2+ hrs. Online reviews confirm this bizarre fact.
nb

So confront the poster directly! Not through some secondary thread. If he is wrong, stupid or has three lips -- tell him. Get my drift?
It's not the first time you took this approach.
Sorry.
George wrote:

Heh! You're mostly right.
In issues such as this, I don't have a dog in this fight.
I merely report. You decide.
On other issues, I firmly believe that adrenaline is good for people.
On 9/21/2010 7:43 AM, HeyBub wrote:

Perhaps, but maybe you need to put something in a signature so folks know they really aren't having any sort of sensible discussion with you?