My crappy new washing machine

Page 2 of 9

On 9/19/2010 2:51 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Yes, and contrary to what the state of Kansas my advertise, those mountain lions are not just in the southwest. We have them here also, whether they like to admit it or not. AND they WILL be dead if _I_ see one.
--
Steve Barker
Steve Barker wrote:

Tip: If you run into one of these big kitties, DON'T RUN.
All cats have a chase reflex; if you run, you're dead.
The cat may bother you if you stand still, but "maybe" is better than "for sure."
On 9/20/2010 4:00 PM, HeyBub wrote:

If i see one, it's dead. AND the first one to get called will be the tv news. We'll have no more of this coverup shit when it comes to big cats in kansas.
--
Steve Barker
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:44:21 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown

How positively Chinese of you.

Kook. Trees are perfectly renewable.

...and let them starve to death. How humane.
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:44:21 -0700 (PDT), Molly Brown

Golly gee Molly. Florida stopped allowing the killing of alligators years ago. Said they were endangered. The gators came back like gang-busters. Often found in pools or sunning on the lawns. Folks were soon up to their knees in gators.
Ever watch Swamp People on the History Channel? Folks would be unemployed if they could not hunt gators. It's a way life in Louisiana.
Oren wrote:

Heh! I saw the governor of Louisiana being interviewed by some twit after the Feds allowed Louisiana to begin a harvesting season on alligators. The interview went something like this (paraphrased):
Reporter: "Governor, what do you have to say to the environmentally-aware citizens who protest the wanton killing of these magnificent animals?"
Governor: "Magnificent animals? It's obvious those people don't know nothin' 'bout gators! Son, these gators are lined up on the Interstate just a waitin' for some fool to have a flat! Boy, we is LIP-DEEP in gators round heah! They eva-where. Just you be givin' me the names of some of these here 'gator lovers and I'll send 'em all they can handle!"
Oren wrote the following:

and a lot of them have had missing pets.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Well if he had a crappy CFL above the crappy washer then he wouldn't see the crappy job it's doing and know how bad he got crapped on.
On 09/18/2010 11:31 PM, RickH wrote:

Thank you.
Some of these words _may_ apply:
WPR815OK WPRE615OK CEE Tier II WPR815OK WHRE55OK PerfecTemp CEE Tier I GE General Electric GE Profile Topload Washer Infusor RainShower SpeedWash HydroWave with Infusor http://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances/new_products/ge_geprofile_topload_washer09.htm

I didn;t even know these existed. I thought all top loaders used an agitator and the only washers that did not were front-loaders. The front-loaders work with far less water and energy, but they cost significantly more. I guess this shows the risk when you buy something that isn't tried and proven. Surprising GE would sell them if they perform so poorly. Anyone else make them? Thanks for the heads up
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 05:53:17 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances ...- Hide quoted text -

Fisher & Paykel top loaders have all the energy saving of a front loader at about half the price. They are an old and reliable European company known for their engineering and high quality that started marketing in the US in the past 20 years.
On 9/19/2010 8:21 AM, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances ...- Hide quoted text -

but do they get the clothes clean? That is the bottom line.
--
Steve Barker
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 09:06:30 -0500, Steve Barker

Infusorhttp://www.geconsumerproducts.com/pressroom/press_releases/appliances ...- Hide quoted text -

Yes. it does a great job. I've had one for about 10 years. About 2 years ago the pump developed a drip and failed. Bought a new pump from the dealer for $68 and installed it in 15 minutes using NO tools. The thing is an engineering marvel. It's very different, but in a good way.
It even does the 1000rpm final spin dry like a front loader that leaves the clothes barely damp. That means the dryer runs far less, which really saves some electricity.
No they don't clean the cloths

Three posts, not a clue what it is about. Where do these people come from?

RFC? Bothell? ;)
nb

;)
On 6/12/2016 11:20 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

A bit of cinnamon helps a lot.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Close, but not quite. They do have an operation in Italy making cooking appliances and own DCS in the US.
The origins of the company and present headquarters are in New Zealand and Australia They did not start exporting to the US and Europe until the 1980s.
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010 10:24:36 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"

Awfully nit-picky, Ed. They have been around since the 1930's and are well known. The obvious point I was making was that they were not some new, untested company.