moving

I am moving out of my house and It will be about 2 years for my next place to be ready I have all new appliances. Dishwasher, Gas stove, Icemaker/water dispenser fridge, Gas dryer and washer (front load) I don't know if these details make any difference but I was going to put them all into storage and was wondering if there is anything I should do to prepare them for the long storage?? Thanks

Reply to
King

If your area freezes be sure to add antifreeze in the last cycle and more as in Freeze Proofing

Reply to
m Ransley

The dishwasher has water at the pump level and the Fridge has a gallon or two in the tank that should be drained before storage EVEN if the storage site is temp controlled. The clothes washer may or may not have water I can't say for sure.

I would also cap the gas and water connections on the dryer, dishwasher, Fridge and stove to prevent possible bugs entering. Low tech version = duct tape or a suitable cap/plug = the expensive version.

May have missed something but I think that does it.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

Hi,

Some storage tips that may help :)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Thanks guys the info was great!! One last question.. They suggested that I propped the door open on the dishwasher should I do the same with the fridge?? I don't like the idea of the fridge being open and critters crawling into it while it is in storage.. I guess there is no way around it.

Reply to
King

You could put a couple of boxes of baking soda to absorb the moisture and odors in each and keep the door closed. Turn the dishwasher upside down and over to drain out most of the water before you store it.

Also I would recommend you put out fresh rat-poison when you store them. I had a mouse make a home in my stored gas stove and ruined it.

Reply to
PJx

Sell them all now. Then in two years get current technology. You will not regret it. two years of sitting will dry out the seals on the doors and god knows what else.

Reply to
SQLit