House Moving

How realistic is house moving? In other words, digging up an entire house, putting it on a truck, and taking it to another lot somewhere else.

Could the house be resold for a similar price?

Reply to
New Question

That depends

Reply to
m Ransley

House moving is very realistic, however very expensive and depends how far you want to move it and where. IE: Traffic control, power lines to be cut, bridges to cross or avoid all together. A house is not "Dug up", it is lifted off it's foundation/basement and a new one must be made at your new location for the house to sit back on.

As far as price goes...... The house could be sold for more or less depending on location. IE: moving the home from a farm to lake front property etc etc...

Reply to
Jim

NQ> How realistic is house moving? In other words, digging up an entire house, NQ> putting it on a truck, and taking it to another lot somewhere else. NQ> NQ> Could the house be resold for a similar price?

The two-story house diagonally across from where I grew up was moved several miles to it's present spot. The basement is not moved (you probably knew that). Sometimes the house is cut into sections. Coordination with the utility companies is also needed as some temporary removal of power lines, etc., in the path may be needed.

Apparantly the moving process can be done with little structural and/or visible to the house: the people who lived in the house were a little picky about things: had holes drilled through the table legs so the cords to the table lamps would no droop over the edge.

  • Senior Hits! ABBA - "Denture Queen"
Reply to
barry martin