moles

my lawn is infested with something. at first i thought it was gophers, but a closer look made me think otherwise.. i've been told it is possibly moles... my yard is fairly small... does anyone know what i can use to get rid of them? i see all kinds of products at Walmart and don't know where to start.

thanks for any help

Reply to
FH

The G rated version is to collect your urine and pour where the mole tunnels.

The R rated version is to piss in the yard where the little bastards are, so they move next door!

Find me a mole that likes your sent?

-- Oren

Oren

Are you sure you want to get rid of them? I believe they eat some pests that could be worse for your yard than a few mole holes.

Reply to
Tim Smith

the WHOLE yard if all lumpy of dirt.

Reply to
FH

ummm... that would be "scent". lol

Reply to
FH

Reply to
RBM

Correct. Chair to keyboard error..

My advice is worthy. Your "scent" scares the hell of the mole!

-- Oren

"Spelling is a lossed art."

Reply to
Oren

you guys ARE kidding right???? i hate the thought of actually doing that knowing you two are laughing your heads off. lolol

Reply to
FH

Getting rid of the grubs is one of those internet misconceptions. Moles do eat grubs but their primary food is earthworms.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

Friend, I gave you the G and R rated version. What do you hate? The G or the R version?

Find me a mole in a cow pasture?

-- Oren

Oren

I think I have prarrie dogs in my yard. I have tried rat traps with success but this year I was thinking to add swabs of cotton saturated with bleach and ammonia to their holes.

Reply to
Robert

Steve B

i use traps on them ,the sizzor traps i like the best. but sometimes they are pushing mounds and no tunnels.so i dig into the mound to find the tunnel and pour bleach or gasoline down the tunnel. believe me,they leave that area.had a few run out.

ds549

chump change.

Reply to
FH

We have 2 cats, and they are RUTHLESS. They kill all those little critters in the yard.

Reply to
J.A. Michel

"FH" wrote in news:9f2dnXSMge10noHbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Been where you are...

Bet you are near a woods edge?

Moles like to eat grubs just like skunks. Moles will eat earthworms.

My twofold solution was 1) Apply milky spore to the lawn. Spores multiply and spread lasting for 10-15 years. Harmless to all plant and wildlife. Kills grubs. Drawback is it takes a couple of yrs to get fully established.

2) While the milky spore is establishing, Took in a dumped off cat who became very appreciative. Sits next to me here as I write after 15 yrs. This cat had to hunt and kill to survive after being abandoned. Even though he was kept fed after I took him in, nothing was allowed in his yard. Used to bring home moles, snakes, rabbits, squirrels (got some damage screwing with them). Watched this cat refuse to move off the sidewalk as an Akita came towards him. Made all kinds of ugly faces and sounds. Akita actually walked around.

Fisher cat showed up for one summer. Cat didn't mess with that though. Somehow they just know.

Anyway, once cats see something to hunt, they will very patiently wait for hours for a repeat. This guy cleaned up my yard and the neighbors of moles. Meanwile milky spore matured. After a season or two the skunks and moles chowed elsewhere.

Reply to
Al Bundy

I'd try it. But do it late at night...and you will still wonder if we are all roflmfao :-)

Reply to
Zootal

I detect a bit of reluctance on your part? BRB, gotta pee!

-- Oren

Oren

should i like lift one foot up or anything?

Reply to
FH

i have an outdoor cat, but i haven't seen it kill anything at all.

Reply to
FH