Lawn pests (moles an gophers)

I live in the country and have a large yard with 50 or more gopher mounds in it. Have tried the poisen bait pellets with no luck and no luck with the traps either. Anybody know a good way to keep those things out of my yard? Thanks in advance

jack

Reply to
Jack Gray

Funny, but I think they were wondering the same about you!

The best way to keep them out of your yard is to move someplace where they aren't.

Reply to
Warren

Years since I had a mole problem and poison pellets did not work until I found one with phosphides in it. I think that under ground in tunnels, dampness generates phosphine gas which is a deadly poison. I have not seen a mole since I used it. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Terriers and some other breeds of small dogs are ferocious gopher getters. Also try keeping the soil very wet, it's difficult for them to tunnel in wet soil.Earth Vibrators, stakes that when implanted in the ground send out small shock waves that frighten away burrowing mammals. Moth Balls or Flakes put into the holes help repel them. Got these ideas from the book, " Total Critter Control" by Don Sedgwick I have seen friends make a home made Earth Vibrators by driving 2 steel stakes in the ground and hooking a extension cord to them, but I believe that would be dangerous or not work, I don't know.

Reply to
Mikael