moen kitchen/bathroom faucet cartidges

I've got a couple of these cartridges still sealed in packaging. Is there a shelf live for these unopened new cartridges?
On 12/7/2011 1:03 PM, Doug wrote:

I don't think so. I always keep one around in case I need it. Sometimes it's years before I use it.

What is going to spoil????
On Wed, 7 Dec 2011 14:30:55 -0800 (PST), "hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net"

They have charcoal in them. Half life of carbon is less than 6000 years, so I wouldn't hang on to one for more than 2-3000 years.
Jim

By then they will have figured out how to wash without water, the faucet will be obsolete<G>.
Rubber O rings could dry out.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus