Moen kitchen faucet

What is the best thing to use to lubricate the up and down sliding mechanism on these units.

Reply to
joevan

Ours never needed lubrication in 16 years. If in doubt, email your inquiry to the Moen web site. They answer promptly.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

On 8/11/2009 11:37 AM joevan spake thus:

I'd use plumbers grease, available at any "real" plumbing supply place or local hardware store (not a big-box home-improvement mega-store).

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Second the plumber's grease.

Reply to
Oren

Thanks to both of you. I will check it out.

Reply to
joevan

I suspect but cannot prove that Sil-Glyde is the same stuff, if you have an auto parts store closer than a good hardware or plumbing store.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Can you eat it? Helps prove if it is the same stuff, sorta.

I suppose you can compare the MSDS papers.

Reply to
Oren

On 8/11/2009 3:36 PM Nate Nagel spake thus:

Nope. Not even close. Plumbers grease is an old-fashioned compound, definitely non-silicone (and therefore not harmful to finished surfaces like silicone sometimes is) that probably goes back a couple of centuries.

It's formulated to resist high temperatures (at least as high as that of hot water) so it won't melt away under heat.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Never lubed mine. I'd replace it if it was sticking and difficult to use. IIRC, they have a lifetime warranty so you may want to give them a call.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Hi, Food grade white Lubriplate.?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Why does Lubriplate still say "the modern lubricant" after 50? years? Gotta always have Lubriplate and a zoom spout oiler with "turbine oil" on hand.

Reply to
Tony

Last time I replaced the stem I understood there was no second time. I have another unit on the first floor that does not get much use and it works just fine. Maybe I should trade them around.

Reply to
joevan

Moen sez to use silicone lube (only) on their cartridges.

$2-3 at HD (Danco brand).

Will

Reply to
Wilfred Xavier Pickles