Moen Faucet question

Hi, I have a Moen model 84851 two handle Touch Control faucet. Just recently when either the hold or cold knob is turned about a 1/8 turn, a thump is heard. If I touch the Polybutylene tubing at the same time, there is a definate thump noise in the tubing. (It is difficult to describe). Once it gets past that initial spot, there are no more noises even if the handle is turned on full. I did clean the aerator. Any thoughts. Thanks Gord
GPI wrote:

Is this a kitchen faucet by chance with a spray wand? If so, the thump originates in the "diverter" valve which is buried under the spout assy.
The wand may not be shutting off tightly or the diverter could be worn out. Moen may be generous in helping with parts if you call them.
Jim
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I should of mentioned that it is a bathroom faucet. I don't know if there is a "diverter" in these ones or not, but I do think it is something common to both hot and cold sides. Thanks Gord

GPI wrote:

Hmmm. No diverter in them. I can't picture what would "thump". Ask Moen if they've heard of it. Jim