maytag neptune nightmare

I sent in for the certificate before the deadline and need to get a new machine soon. My machine is useless, because of the mold and water problem It has also ruined thousands of dollars in clothes. When will I receive it. We purchased it through Sears and had them come out at least twenty times to fix it through their warr. program.

Maytag has been rude and will not help us. They keep telling us they do not have anything on file for us. Do I need to seek clegal counsel? My allergist also thinks that this is what is causing croup in my kids and making the whole family sick. Please help.

Thank You

It is listed under

Melissa and Greg Cook

1111 Gazania Drive, Pflugerville, tx 78660

512-989-9772 or 512 351 5736

Reply to
gregory_cook

Sorry to say Maytag is no more it is Whirlpool Corp that you are not dealing with.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

You sound like a troll.

What mold and water problem?

What thousands of dollars of ruined clothes? Most intelligent people would stop using a machine after it ruined one load.

What mold problem? You claim the washing machine is causing your kids allergies. I take "kids" to mean at least two so presumably at least four people in your household. Laundry for four people should keep a washing machine running at least every few days, far too often for a mold problem if you use detergent and certainly not if you use any bleach.

You also seem to have issues understanding where you are posting your message and what information is probably best not published globally.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

Do a google search for :

"Neptune" "Mold"

You will get over 250,000 hits. It's a well known problem, and there was a class action lawsuit.

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

~202,000 actually.

I still stand by everything I said. I also own a Neptune unit though apparently a newer model than the ones people seem to be having issues with, and I have no issues with it.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

I did it just before I posted and got a number well over 250k. In any case, the whole debacle is well documented and was in the news for quite some time.

Swell.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

I just wonder when folks are going to start understanding that Maytag sucks. What they built thirty years ago _aint_ what they build today.

Reply to
Hugh Glass

My Maytag Neptune is about 9 years old now and works great. At 5 years old it got a bunch of free mildew upgrades from Maytag that I asked for even though I didn't see any significant mildew problem. That service was so great that I decided to buy a 3 year agreement from Maytag. Near the end of it the door lock motor went and Maytag replaced that and the main circuit board.

On the other hand our top rated Maytag dishwasher was junk. Broke 4 times in 3 years and I tossed it. 3 levels was a good idea. Too bad it was junk.

Reply to
Art

Too bad they had a lawsuit. Maytag was fixing them free on request. The lawsuit just lead to a cut off of the free repair.

Reply to
Art

"Art" wrote in news:IJREg.8849$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

I can't figure out if this a rave because: It's 9 years old now and works great.

Or a rant because:

It took 9 years to get it right with mildew upgrades, the door lock motor went and the main circuit board.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Quite the contrary. Maytag settled. You really should read the terms of the settlement, which were quite generous, and far exceed the simple offer of a free repair.

CWM

Reply to
Charlie Morgan

Mildew on the Neptune is a signicant problem. All front loaders are prone to this, but the Neptune is more so. I think the OP was lamenting that Maytag/Whirlpool has no record of his paperwork. While I have little in the way of encouragement, I would suggest that all class action filings should be copied and sent by registered/certified or whatever class that gives proof of delivery. This goes for rebate forms as well.

BTW, the newer Neptune washers with the front control panel are of a different design than the mildewers. These are made by LG, I believe.

Reply to
nospamtodd

One break down in a 9 year old machine is to be expected, don't you think? It was covered by the extended service agreement I had and Maytag showed up the very next day. They replaced the lock motor which was broken and the circuit board even though it was good.

Reply to
Art

I read the settlement carefully and it had cutoff dates. If you hadn't complained by a specific date you were screwed so people who did not know of the free program lost out. It gave Maytag one more chance for repair which they were doing anyway for free and with no date cutoff. Maybe if you had previously disposed of the washer without checking with them for the free upgrade, you got some compensation. Those were the only people who got something out of it as far as I could see.

Reply to
Art

The free upgrade solved any mildew problem potential completely as far as I could see. It added a drain at the bottom of the front seal just like the Whirlpool front loader. And some parts were replaced with mildew resistant parts.

Reply to
Art

The lawyers did well, the plaintiffs of course got essentially nothing.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

I recently tossed a Maytag washer built in the 60's. Bought it used in the early 80's for $25.

It worked for me for over 20 years. No repairs.

There's a guy who posts here once in a while- Appliance repair aid, I think is his moniker. He once said that model is what they built their name on.

Point is that Maytag is no longer the name (or machine), it built it's reputation on.

Reply to
Hugh Glass

"Art" wrote in news:ZN2Fg.5004$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Haven't bought a new machine in so long I guess I don't know what is typical any more.

Reply to
Al Bundy

Expected? Depends....

My mom expected her (old) Sears Kenmore appliances to work for 15, 20,

25 years. More often than not.... They did.

Of course, there was no fancy electronics or moisture sensors back than...

Beachcomber

Reply to
Beachcomber

That is how it read to me. Maytag got closure on the issue and then sold themselves to Whirlpool.

Reply to
Art