Maytag Neptune Repair Tips Needed

The rubber gasket came loose. I was able to manage taking off the front cover and I can see the way the gasket is held, it's held by a tension wire that hooks onto a spring.

I need to open up the top cover in order to reseat the gasket back on and I also need access to the top as I need to unhook the tension wire ? What is the best way to do this. There ALOT of wires that's impeding my processed and I'm not sure what is the best way to do this.

Any advice guys. I wonder if Maytag would cover it........it's about

3.5 years though.....
Reply to
John Soto

Call the Maytag number on the washer and ask if it is covered by their free mildew repair program. You will need the model number. Don't tell them you screwed around with it. Tell them you have mildew growing on the gasket. Some older machines get a free upgraded gasket and electronics though yours may already have it in which case you will be out of luck.

Reply to
Art

If you can't get Maytag to cover the replacement as Art suggested, try this page for some tips on that job:

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Hi,

Some access helps and boot info....

How did it "come off"?? I don't think I have seen any fall off...yet ;)

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff