Maytag dishwasher backflow

I have a Maytag Jet-Clean dishwasher where the water in the drain hose seeps back into the washer. I have to run an extra rinse cycle to flush out the detergent.
Unfortunately it's not easy to remove the dishwasher. It's my personal dishwasher installed in an apartment that has a second floorbaord partially blocking the washer. Can somebody tell me what's faulty and save me the headache of pulling the washer out for a close inspection?

You have to re-route the drain line with a high loop or an air break. The instruction book should have a sketch of how it should be routed.
Hi,

Model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Some model# helps.

You know that for a fact? How?

*May* be more than some water comming back into the d/w!
http://www.applianceaid.com/drain_wash.html Some washing tips/helps.

http://www.applianceaid.com/pictools/drain_help.JPG
-Some- of what Ed is talking about.

MDC4100AWE which is a portable removed from the adaptor.

It has a translucent drain hose. It used to be that only an inch or so would drain back. Now it all eventually drains back during the long final rinse cycle.

Of course I put the high loop in there. The problem is made worse because this dishwasher uses very little water. It doesn't take much backflow to contaminate the next wash cycle.

The irony is that I installed my old portable dishwasher because the apartment's dishwasher was so cheap ($150 Kitchenaid) that it needed two wash cycles.
Is the checkvalve something that I can pull off near the motor or should I allocate a weekend for full removal?
Thanks.
Kevin McMurtrie wrote:

Hi,
http://tinyurl.com/d7hdm Make sure the ball check valve is not clogged up ( #39 ).

Likely between the motor&pump assembly and the drain loop should do fine.
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N108 Dishwasher drain check valve