Malibu lights problem

3 out of my 6 malibu outdoor lights on a line went out (over a few months). No problem. I bought bulbs and tried to install them. They did not work. Okay, it's outside sockets full of dirt and bugs so I cleaned them. I tried the bulbs again. They still don't work.
Any suggestions?

Check the buried wire ?
It has probably corroded through where the IDC wire connectors are tapping the feed for each light...
New connectors or a new length of wire might solve your problem...
~~ Evan

No volts to the lamp, connections are bad or wire, it doesnt take much dirt or something loose to loose a light. Thats why they are crap, the time I wasted trying to fix an old set was alot, use a volt meter and try tightening connections first

Use your ohmmeter to find the problem. If you don't have one, go to Harbor Freight and get the $4 model. You will probably wind up buying new lights anyway. Your call.
Joe
Check to see if the socket is getting power.
Move the bulbs around, see if the darkness stays with the bulb, or with the socket.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus