Lumberjack song?

Is there an original Lumberjack Song? (I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I sleep all nigfht and I work all day...). I only heard the Monty Python version

Reply to
dean

"dean" wrote

Then you've already heard the "original".

MasterBlaster

Not that I could spot.

The page link below has the Monte Python one plus two other "Lumberjack" songs and all three seem like they have pretty different lyrics.

You can click on the songs and then print the lyrics.

HTH,

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

You mean:

I learned a new word that will come in handy: Büstenhalter

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

After the Monty Python version you would be spoiled for any others anyway.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

According to dean :

The song does predate Monty Python, and probably in quite a number of versions. I do remember an old folk tune rather similar to the Monty Python tune/lyrics, but the Monty Python version has so overwhelmed search engines, that it's impossible to find.

Reply to
Chris Lewis