Lumberjack song?

Is there an original Lumberjack Song? (I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I sleep all nigfht and I work all day...). I only heard the Monty Python version
"dean" wrote

Then you've already heard the "original".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lumberjack_Song_(Monty_Python)
MasterBlaster writes:

You mean:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lumberjack_Song_%28Monty_Python%29
I learned a new word that will come in handy: Bstenhalter
dean wrote:

Not that I could spot.
The page link below has the Monte Python one plus two other "Lumberjack" songs and all three seem like they have pretty different lyrics.
You can click on the songs and then print the lyrics.
http://seek.sing365.com:8080/cgi-bin/s.cgi?q=lumberjack%20lyrics&kw=on
HTH,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
dean wrote:

After the Monty Python version you would be spoiled for any others anyway.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

The song does predate Monty Python, and probably in quite a number of versions. I do remember an old folk tune rather similar to the Monty Python tune/lyrics, but the Monty Python version has so overwhelmed search engines, that it's impossible to find.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est