Lumber Liquidators laminate flooring

Page 3 of 3
On 3/3/2015 3:38 PM, wg_2002 wrote:

Maybe Frankie-Wankie is one of those "expert" witlesses that says whatever UltraMegaChemical Corp pays him to say?
On Monday, March 2, 2015 at 6:33:57 PM UTC-5, Frank wrote:

The CA test procedure is interesting too. It requires that the top layer of the laminate be removed to fully expose the inside core where the fomaldehyde is before testing. So, who knows what actual level exists in the air of a typical building, for how long, etc with the actual product, as installed.
On 3/3/2015 7:00 AM, trader_4 wrote:

I had not gotten into the weeds on this but that is a very unrealistic test procedure.
I am familiar with some painting tests where people were concerned about a carcinogen in paints made from vinyl acetate. Turned out it was in the can when manufactured but when paint was used it was completely absent as it had reacted with other ingredients in the paint.

+1

I'm reminded of Katrina trailers. Long story short we ended up with two of them (for free) took one to the fish camp the other to the deer camp. Can't sleep in either one so both are dead storage.