Lumber Liquidators...Red Teak?

I'm looking at buying my porch flooring and decking from Lumber Liquidators. They've just come to my area and are offering 1x6 "red teak" for 99c per linear ft. Salesman assures me it's teak but didn't have a sample (truck didn't come in) and is sending me one. I emailed the co asking for the specific species of this wood but haven't gotten a reply yet. I'm mostly concerned with the longevity of the wood, it's rot resistance.

Is anyone familiar with what they're selling here?

Thanks, John

Reply to
John/Charleston

according to another post I found, Bengkirai, a type of teak sourced from Indonesia, comes in two sub types. Yellow and red. Apparently the yellow isn't yellow at all, just less rich in colour than the red.

So yes, there is such a thing.

Reply to
js

Well Lumber Liquidators got back to me and the species of wood they're offering is Manilkara bidentata. it's not teak but it is highly rot resistant. They haven't gotten me a sample yet and they hemmed and hawed a lot when I asked about sustainable forestry certification...

Thanks, John

Reply to
John/Charleston