THIS IS RETARDED... Flashlight with no switch

They were selling a cheap little kit at a store that has a jeweler screwdriver set with 10 bits, and it included a "penlight" LED flashlight. Cost $2.99. I needed some of those tiny screwdrivers, so I bought it. Screwdrivers work fine, but the flashlight is retarded. It has NO SWITCH. After unscrewing the tip (head with bulb), I found a piece of paper between the batteries and the bulb. [There are no instructions]. After removing the paper, it lights up, but there is no way to turn it off, except to put that paper back, or remove the four tiny coin cells. Of course it's made in China.... I wonder what idiot designed that???????????

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

You just twist the head until the light goes off. Lots of cheap flashlights work that way. It is better than a cheap switch that doesn't work.

Reply to
gfretwell

I've got a little one like that on a Cabela's mini multi-tool. Have not used it but it still works after about 6 years. Trouble with these little lights is that when batteries die you might as well throw the light away due to replacement cost of batteries.

Reply to
Frank

I've had some Chinky lights, that I had to partially unscrew the end, to get it to shut off. I never really trusted those.

Even the mini mag (slightly unscrew to TURN ON) the light tends to turn it self on when I don't want. Like in a theatre in the dark.

Harbor Freight has a little light with the paper in it. 99 cents, good price. I'd hate to be in the dark trying to get the end off, and scrape the little paper off (in the dark). Or, be in the dark and find the light got bumped on, and the batteries are dead and I'm still in the dark. Can't win some times.

. .

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

NO light will help you there...

Reply to
bob_villa

I hope you saved that piece of paper.

If not, I have a supply of such papers and I can sell you one for $4.99, shipping & handling INCLUDED.

If you want, just write me and I'll give you my Paypal address so you can make payment without leaving your desk.

Reply to
micky

Hi, Retarded Who?, LOL!

Reply to
Tony Hwang

snipped-for-privacy@spamblocked.com wrote in news:hmk8fa9s6r7mo1o2glfkau307psfel82m0@

4ax.com:

Someone who owns a lot of stock in battery-manufacturing companies...

Reply to
Doug Miller

That's what I thought, but it dont work that way. It flickers, goes off, but the moment I lay it down, the light is back on. If I unscrew it more, the head falls off.

Considering that 4 of those tiny coin cells probably cost twice what I paid for the whole deal, I may as well just save the batteries and bulb, and toss the rest of it. The screwdrivers were worth what I paid anyhow, so its no loss.... But why they make or sell something like this makes little sense.

Reply to
Jerry.Tan

...for an emergency...if it doesn't corrode all to hell before it's used!

Reply to
bob_villa

Given my experience with no-name Chinese coin batteries, tossing the whole works might be better.

Reply to
rbowman