Looking for a distributor to buy Naphtha in WA state.

Can any one suggest one? I want to buy a lot at discount price.

Thanks,

Richard

Reply to
richard

Here in the East we have what is known as "Yellow Pages". They list businesses by category, such as Chemicals (Wholesale)

What we do next, at least here in the east. is to call them and ask if they have what we want. We used to send letters and wait for replies, but since the telephone became popular, things get done much faster.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Slow down there. Too much information. Are you referring to one of these? Aren't they complicated to use?

JoeSpareBedroom

After I retired from my real job, I was working at the local RadiShack. A customer was getting a sales pitch about the new phones. "Oh no," says he "I have a dial phone and my grandkids don't know how to use it."

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Yes, you rent them from the phone company. Too expensive to buy outright and too dangerous to install yourself. They come with training though and the operator does the long distance dialing for you. .

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm glad I own safety goggles.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Heck, that _is_ the new phone!!! :)

When a kid we were still on the old "party-line" w/ the wall-mounted crank two longs for grandmother's house next door; we were a long and a short. We and the others on the line were responsible for maintaining our own line and paid a monthly fee to connect to the exchange in town (about 5 miles of line plus the roughly 10 miles of connecting line to the farmsteads served by our loop).

As a kid still in early grade school years I recall becoming sick at school or other reason for needing to call home from school. I clearly remember the embarrassment of not knowing first that we were supposed to have a phone _number_ and second that I didn't know how to make that phone work. If they weren't on our line so you just rang the ring, you picked up the receiver, gave it a good crank and the operator came on and you told her who you wanted to talk to. It was her job to connect you to them...

--

Reply to
dpb

*When the new Sears Roebuck catalog comes via Pony Express I'll look and see if one of those things is in there.
Reply to
John Grabowski

About 10 years ago I was doing some work for a bowling alley when a little kid came up to the counter and asked to use the phone to call home. The clerk pulled a rotary dial phone from under the counter and set it down in front of the 8 year old boy. I swear I could see the kid's lips move silently forming the phrase "WTF".

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Can't resist...

Here in the midwest we have what's known as "the Internet". It's a distributed network of all the knowledge in the world, accessible from almost anywhere, anytime. Looking for business using one of these "computers" is far faster and easier than a telephone.

With the "internet" It's possible to ask experts for impartial information and avoid salespeople altogether. In this way you can sidestep face-to-face contact with crotchety, nosy timewasters who want to offer sarcastic opinions outside of the original question.

You can also discard the "Yellow Pages" once you adopt the internet.

Reply to
bryan

Can't resist...

Here in the midwest we have what's known as "the Internet". It's a distributed network of all the knowledge in the world, accessible from almost anywhere, anytime. Looking for business using one of these "computers" is far faster and easier than a telephone.

With the "internet" It's possible to ask experts for impartial information and avoid salespeople altogether. In this way you can sidestep face-to-face contact with crotchety, nosy timewasters who want to offer sarcastic opinions outside of the original question.

You can also discard the "Yellow Pages" once you adopt the internet.

====================

I agree. It's good to have impartial information when looking for the name, phone number and address for a company. You never know when someone's opinion might color their answer, and they'll tell you a company is on Elm Street when it's really on Main Street.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

many chemicals are no longer available with a license to use them. I found this out after trying to buy copper sulphate to kill tree roots.

unable by law to buy copper sulphate I use rock salt, so far its still legal to use

Reply to
bob haller

Sounds good if it was true. You've been reading too much science fiction stuff. Internet? Yeah, right.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

On 4/19/2009 11:28 AM bryan spake thus:

OK, since we're playing that game, isn't this very newsgroup part of the internet? and therefore perhaps a valid place to ask this question?

I'm just sayin'.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Sort of like asking the entire world where you put the car keys. Why bother thousands of people all over the world when you can just go to

and find exactly what you need. Rather than wait possibly hours or days for a reply, you get the information in seconds.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Before I posted, I spent 10mn on the internet, not found. Lots of oil companies, no useful target, no solvent like Naphtha for wholesale. I'll check a phonebook.

Reply to
richard

I spent about one minute and found a dozen chemical wholesalers in Seattle.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Sure, with qualifications. The OP didn't indicate they had done any work on their own or even what quantity they were looking for.

If they had posted more detail such as "I called Main Chemical and they only have 55 gal drums and I need 5 gallons (or maybe 5,000 gallons). Or I called Main chemical and they want $9.99/gallon for 10, 100, 1,000? gallons does anyone know a better source?

Reply to
George