HELP:Toilet:Discolored Water "Backing In"...

We have a great toilet that has always flushed well, clockwise spin to the water, and rarely needs a second flushing.

Lately, the water that refills the bowl is a murky, almost yellowish-white color. Sorta' urine colored, but obviously not urine.

The water seems to be *backing in* to the toilet...the water in the "closet" (the back of the toilet) is completely clean and clear. The murky yellow-white, almost even foamy-ish stuff seems to be "backing in" from that area where the emptying occurs (above that wax ring...forgive me, I'm an amateur, and don't know how else to describe it; that area of a foot or so above the ring).

I want to avoid a plumber here, cuz we're broke as heck. I'm going to use a plunger tomarrow to attempt to dislodge anything that may be causing the coloring within the first few feet of the flushed material, but somehow I don't feel that will resolve it. It's as if someone's put an alka-seltzer in the toilet that seeps it's yellow-white liquid back into our bowl every time we flush it. Has gone on for 2 days now, and does not seem to be coming from the water-refilling at the top rim, but instead is "backing in" from the bottom exit hole. I dunno. SEEMS to be. Hard to tell.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this coloration? Has never happened before, always been a clear clean water that refills the bowl.

Thanks a bunch...I look forward to any/all opinions. I've come here for toilet help before, and thankfully, have received a great deal of help each time. (What is it about TOILETS?!?)...;)

Thanks again. HELP NEEDED!

Reply to
builderbos

B > We have a great toilet that has always flushed well, clockwise spin to B > the water, and rarely needs a second flushing. B > B > Lately, the water that refills the bowl is a murky, almost B > yellowish-white color. Sorta' urine colored, but obviously not urine. B > B > The water seems to be *backing in* to the toilet...the water in the B > "closet" (the back of the toilet) is completely clean and clear. The B > murky yellow-white, almost even foamy-ish stuff seems to be "backing B > in" from that area where the emptying occurs (above that wax ring

Would seem like any siphoning action would be noticeable: "regurgitation" of fecal material, for example. Makes me wonder if there is some mold/whatever growing in the watter passage in the rim of the bowl (where the water comes out).

No idea how to clean out -- any chemical seems like it would screw up the flapper assembly.

  • Mommy Dearest: Don't talk with your mouth full!
Reply to
barry martin