Liftmaster garage door opener

A few days ago, my aunt had to use the wall button to lower her garage door. Both remotes would raise it but not lower it. Now, after a few days of using the wall button, she finds that the remotes will again close it.
The same thing happened last year. She thinks it may be the humidity. What could it be?
E Z Peaces wrote:

I would look at the receiver, just inside the back cover. http://www.gatehousesupplies.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode -41AS050R1
Item 10 on page 34 of the Owners Manual: http://www.liftmaster.com/consumerweb/pages/productmodeldetail.aspx?modelId 3
Sounds like you may have a hairline crack that flexes under temperature. You could take it apart and carefully reflow every connection that appears likely, or pay the 60 bux and replace the receiver or pay 200 bux and replace the whole unit.
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/%28qskhepfp1dkeur55qlffyw3h%29/productDetails.aspx?SKUP56767
--Winston

The floor mounted safety sensor beam may be impeded. Clean the lenses.
Additionally when the lens gets cloudy if the sunlight can hit the lens directly it can mask the beam.
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

The 'wall button' will close the door, so it isn't sensing an obstruction.

My door was acting the same way and would work at night, but not during the part of the day when the sun was shining on the sensors. I cleaned them and slightly readjusted them. It has been working normally now.
The wall button would close the door during that time.
On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 03:43:53 -0500, Mike Paulsen

The wall button is suppose to override the sensors and close the door.
snipped-for-privacy@mucks.net wrote:

My thanks to all.