LED flashlight (no battery)

Page 2 of 2

you'd
David, I have a petzl headlamp - has a two or three bulb LED as well as a conventional beam which is adjustable. The LED beam has a very wide field which works OK for on the trail but really handy for doing stuff - you know, packing and unpacking backpack, fiddling with gear, etc. etc. I've found that the conventional, adjustable beam is best for walking or running on a trail, especially if you're moving quickly, but the LED is OK also.

That wonderful Costco -- I got a headlamp (straps around head, lamp itself on forehead, a la coal-miner), forget the brand name, but has *five* led-bulbs (click: 1; click; 3; click 5 on) plus, in middle, one incandescent bult (click -- it comes on -- forget whether also turns off the led bulbs for that one).
But no narrowing/widening.
Wonderful for reading while dwaiting for movie to start, especially at festival where you have to get there EARLY to get a seat.
David

Any decent camping / outdoors store (REI, etc.) will have a good selection...mostly of the headlamp variety. I have one made by Black Diamond that's at least 3 years old, and still works great for nighttime trail running. I would assume the newer models are even better.
On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 08:56:05 -0600, TCS

Reminds me of the commercials for hand cranked radios so you'll be ready for when we all get nuked or hit by a comet. Alkaline batteries last over 5 years. The hand crank radio costs over $100. For $50 you could by a big box of batteries and a couple of plain ol radios and have multiple redundancy if you are THAT worried about listening to the radio when the nukes/comets hits. -- Elbridge Gerry, of Massachusetts:
"What, sir, is the use of militia? It is to prevent the establishment of a standing army, the bane of liberty. . . Whenever Government means to invade the rights and liberties of the people, they always attempt to destroy the militia, in order to raise a standing army upon its ruins." -- Debate, U.S. House of Representatives, August 17, 1789
050127 0240 - George E. Cawthon posted:

Check in that section too for the solar powered flashlights...

Personally, never trusted those. We sometimes get days of gloominess before a storm, and was uneasy about having a flashlight that could 'drain' before we actually needed it.
imho,
tom @ www.FindMeShelter.com
indago wrote:

Not in my Costco! I can't remember ever seeing a solar flashlight.

It's right next to the solar night light and the one station intercom.