I have a cheap flashlight, so it's no big deal if it dies, but the
batteries leaked a very little amount inside of it. These were STANDARD
batteries, (not alkaline). There is no corrosion inside the flashlight
(yet) and it works fine with some new batteries. But I know that "juice"
will cause corrosion if it's not removed. The batteries are AA, so there
is no room to get any sort of rag in there, nor do I have a tiny brush.
Besides flushing it out with plain water, and maybe some dish soap, what
else can I use? Will baking soda deactivate it? OR, will putting in
some solvent, like gasoline, paint thinner, or rubbing alcohol remove
it? (Poured inside and swished around)? [used safely and outdoors of
If this was a costly flashlight, I'd be more concerned, but I'd still
like to clean it out if I can, and hopefully this will help someone else
in the future.