As others have noted, it is quite unlikely that you had an acid type
battery in a flashlight. In all probability the battery is an alkaline
chemistry, in which case a mild acid soak in vinegar may help.
Yep, a friend of mine had a $500 piece of test equipment replaced. He
was about to toss it when I suggested he call the 800 number on the
batteries that leaked. A little postage to ship it to them and a couple
weeks later a brand new unit arrived.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.