Leaky faucet - how to unscrew stripped Philips screw?

replying to Dave Martindale, Philip Hsu wrote: Hi Dave, this is Philip fr Mississauga,Ont, I quite agree with your method of removing a screw fr a faucet handle,I have the same problem myself, so people, if u have same issue use a grinding disc or drill the screw out with a bit, good luck

Reply to
Philip Hsu

Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 20:22:34 +0000 (UTC)

Reply to
FromTheRafters

replying to lisas90210, Taavi wrote: I just did this fix on a Delta. Had to sacrifice the faceted knob. ($11) Drilled holes next to the stripped frozen screw until I could pull the knob off. The screw backed out easily. Remove the chrome collar nut and the gasket. Get new washers and springs ($4) and a new mixer (the brass ball - $10) Use needlenose to remove and replace washers/springs. Put the rubber and nylon gasket back on. Put the chrome nut back on. New knob comes with new screw. Turn on water. Smooth.

Reply to
Taavi