Leaf Blower won't stay running

This thing is making me crazy, I have replaced the carb, air cleaner, fuel filter, fuel hoses, muffler and spark plug. As long as I push the primer bulb it will stay running if I don't prime it, it dies as it'srunning lean (speeds up before stopping). It's a Craftaman maybe 7 or 8 years old.

I have already spent more then what I could of bought a new one for but I don't want to give up, I hate to loose.

Any ideas??

TIA

Reply to
swilson513

Its not getting enough gas, could be an air leak you missed, like carb on loose or gasket is bad, a loose cracked fuel line. Its probably something small you can easily miss, one of many things.

Reply to
m Ransley

Speeding up before stopping indicates air is leaning it out completly in the last seconds, even maybe the primer bulb or hose sucks in air the second you stop force feeding gas. An air leak can be hard to find, look at the primer hose when you stop pumping, does air go into it. Check head, crankcase, and any bolt and everything that can let in air.

Reply to
m Ransley