Latex Handle Liquid?

I remember seeing some liquid stuff a while back, where you could dip the handle of a metal tool into it, pull it out, let it cure and you have a rubber grip. What is this stuff called so I know what to ask for when I go to the hardware store?
Justin wrote:

Plasti-Dip Handle Coating, the big box stores carry it And I think I've seen it at Harbor Freight.
http://tinyurl.com/qz7wab
TDD

*I bought stuff like that many years ago. The thickness of one dip is not sufficient to be the equivalent of a rubber grip. It is also not as comfortable. The coating is very durable though.

It comes in a few colors, some bright like yellow, orange and red so you can easily find tools, I dont think its latex, latex wont be durable.
Definitely not latex and it doesn't create a rubber grippy type surface like you find on pliers like channel locks, its more like thick paint.

Cliff Hartle wrote:

You can build up as thick a coating as desired by multiple dippings. It doesn't have a textured surface, true.
I just used it to cover a fabricated battery hold down to replace a missing one for the small utility tractor. The stuff works pretty well for such kinds of purposes.
Don't recall the particular brand; I'd expect any hardware or auto parts, etc., will have one or more to choose from...
Cliff Hartle wrote:

Its not actually for a grip, I'm making a camera mount for a car, and I have two U-bolts that will wrap around the posts on the head rest. I need something to prevent the U-bolts from scratching the chrome on the posts. It should also help with vibration.

I would be surprised if Plati-dip is durable enough for this. I would consider going to the auto store and buying some appropriately sized fuel line or vacuum line to slip over the u-bolts. You might need slightly wider u-bolts to account for the thickness of the tubing. Or you could try thinner plastic tubing from the plumbing section at HD...

Or wrap the headrest posts in tape. Plasti-Dip would work if you put on enough layers. It's not worth the effort. The tubing idea is far superior.
RicodJour wrote:

I don't know if they still do but Klein used to sell slip on textured plastic handle covers for it's electrical plier line. Yea! I looked, they do:
http://www.mytoolstore.com/klein/55.html
TDD