OT Charmin bathroom tissue

Everytime I see that commercial, I want the bear to pick up a rabbit to wipe his butt.

Anyway...My aunt says not to use charmin bathroom tissue. She says the tissue does not break down in the septic tank like it should.

Any truth to that?

Reply to
Metspitzer

Metspitzer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Marcal sells 100% recycled paper as toilet tissue. To me it has the ideal combination of grab and gentleness. Moreover it is produced locally, so it keeps locals employed.

Btw, out in the woods you are not supposed to use toilet tissue. Goose- foot maple leaves are preferred, especially young leaves. So this is the time of year to go out and do your business ...

Reply to
Han

You have to go look in the tank to verify that. I guess she did that.

Reply to
ransley

Well, yes, but one can't always be too picky. More important is to know what *not* to use, especially the various species which cause contact dermatitis (poison oak, ivy, sumac, etc.).

Around here, I've found tall grass, gently rolled in bunches between the hands, to be a functional and soothing wipe.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Your aunt is wise. Charmin clogs easily and breaks down slowly, Scotts is best because it breaks down and the rolls are much longer. Scotts also has a nice slight little abrasiveness to let you know its working, but I wont elaborate on that any more than that.

Reply to
RickH

"Jon Danniken" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

Do I always have to indicate sarcasm or attempted humor?

Reply to
Han

Only when the attempts fail. In this case the attempted humor was not addressed in the response - doesn't mean it failed.

RicodJour

You just made me go look. Direct quote from their packaging: "Charmin is safe for your sewer or septic system." Verbal spamming was around long before electronic spamming and just as believed.

Red

Reply to
Red

Plumber told us not to use any of the "soft" tissues. Don't recall exactly which he mentioned.

Reply to
norminn

How do you know it's working?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

It may be longer but it is only one ply and about the cheapest tissue to be found. And I don't mean cheap in a good way either. It is so darn thin and chintzy you have to use twice as much to get your butt clean thus that's why that crappy (no pun intended) paper is longer than other rolls. A person is not saving any money buying this mess as they have to use twice as much so they might as well get their money's worth and buy two-ply paper.

Reply to
itsjoannotjoann

Guess I'm just a hardass- I prefer Scott's. I detest the fluffy stuff all my relatives use at their houses- feels like wiping with dryer lint. Acts like dryer lint, too- disintegrates in your hand.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

"aemeijers" wrote

Grin, fact. Scotts cost more per roll but if you actually check it out, Scotts lasts significantly longer. Long enough that it's actually 'cheaper'. With 2 women in the house (yes, they use more toilet paper up), it's a notable savings over the cheap 2 ply stuff.

Ok, I'm cheap. I get scotts at BJ's in 20 roll packages. Lasts a long time that way ;-)

Reply to
cshenk

If you let the women buy the TP, you're doomed.

In the Girl Manual, that's the first step toward domination.

Reply to
HeyBub

Scott has 1,000 sheets. Most others, 400. Oops, hubby bought the soft stuff. Have to talk to him.......

Reply to
norminn

*The Sears Roebuck catalog has worked for me. I see no reason to change although the Yellow Book does have a softer feel to it.
Reply to
John Grabowski

Doncha just hate your fingers breaking thru...

Reply to
Rick Samuel

Scotts, the original paper product.

Reply to
squirltop

I'm cheap too and buy at BJ's. I've been using Scotts all my life and I'm

  1. My mother used it too so we had it growing up.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

No one has mentioned that wonderful wax paper stuff they use in England. One side wax and the other side sand paper.

Reply to
Chuck