Kenmore Side-by-Side - No Water

I have a Kenmore Coldspot side-by-side with a water dispenser and ice maker. Model # 1069552951.

A couple months ago it stopped making ice. Ice maker would make a sound every 15 to 30 minutes similar to a spring being released. Water was still dispensing OK. Ice maker will make ice once in a great while but not very often and sometimes only a few cubes. Now there is no water. I read thru the manual and saw where there is a holding tank for the water. It seems like when the water was dispensing, I may have just been emptying the holding tank.

I can access the cold water line from the basement and there is a plastic tube that goes up thru the floor to the back of the frig. There is no water in the tube. It does not seem like the frig is drawing water up from the cold line. I am on city water, no well.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

-Mike

Reply to
Michael Anderson

Not sure about the model drawing water from the basement. Most just have water under pressure enter the frig. Have you had your water off lately? Usually what happens, if the water is off to the frig. it will freeze, when that happens no ice and sometimes no water. Try defrosting the freezer part of the refrig. This will thaw out the frozen line and allow water to flow to the ice maker again.

Rich

Reply to
Evodawg

On Thu 07 Jul 2005 10:04:42p, Michael Anderson wrote in alt.home.repair:

Geez, if there's no water in the tube leading up from the basement, why would possibly think the refrigerator is at fault? The icemaker does not "draw up" water from the tube. The tube is supposed to be under normal house water pressure from it's source connection and provide water under pressure to the refrigerator.

You need to do more looking and less wool-gathering.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Hi,

This is for the chilled water only and not the icemaker.

It doesn't "draw" the water, fill valve(s) open and allow the house water pressure to push the water through the valve(s) to the icemaker or chileld water.

Low water pressure is likely. Clogged shut off valve, kinked line, clogged/bad fill valve, filter ( if used ) might be prime suspects.

Somethings that may help....

piercing valves are trouble....
jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

This is Turtle.

Well it can be two things here.

1] You have a water line stopping the water from getting to the refrigerator.

2] You forgot to pay your water bill !

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE