keeping Sta-Bil over the winter

No more really warm days until spring so I need to put the motor scooter away for the winter.
I read that if I am not going to use my entire container of Sta-Bil this fall, I have to add Sta-Bil-Bil, to keep it from gumming up.
But I can't find a place that sells it. ??
On 12/6/2015 4:38 AM, Micky wrote:

That makes no sense. Adding Stabil to avoid gumming of Stabil? What if the Stabil addition gums up when it was supposed to help the original Stabil from gumming up?
I've used Stabil in the past with no problems. It sat on my shelf for several seasons. Though now, I use Seafoam and it also sits on my shelf for several seasons because I buy several cans when there's a sale. I've never experiencing it, in itself, gumming up. If it ever did or ever does, I would never use it again since that's what it's supposed to avoid when applied to gas and oil.
On Sun, 6 Dec 2015 07:55:12 -0500

Whoosh!
On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 7:55:37 AM UTC-5, SBH wrote:

I use Seafoam and it also sits on my shelf
I switched from Stabil to Seafoam and also PR-G (gasoline) and PR-D) several years ago. I had heard Of a connection between Stabil and Briggs & Stratton which triggered my change. Could have been old wives tale but who knows.

You are looking for the wrong item. You need Sta-Sta-Bil. WalMart has it.
On 12/6/2015 4:38 AM, Micky wrote:

Duh.
But seriously, in my snow thrower, Sta-bil did not work. Apparently gas evaporated or attacked carburetor parts gumming it up.
On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 8:13:13 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:

I put Sta-Bil in my gas can so to it goes into whatever machine I put gas in. At the change of season I fill the tank of the snow blower or lawn mower and then - this is key - I start each once a month. I have my snow blower on a dolly so it's easy to roll out of the corner of the garage and out into the driveway to start. The lawn mower is much lighter, so that's easy to pull out. Once a month keeps everything fresh and flowing.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

I never used Sta-bil. I just run dry at the end of season. At start of season, fill with fresh gas or gas-oil mix, what problem? Engine always start as usual.
On 12/6/2015 8:59 PM, Tony Hwang wrote:

ETQ brand generator, two stroke. I ran the motor dry each time, so as not to let the gas go stale. Now, it's got a noticable piston rod knock.Owner manual says to leave it wet, turn it off with the switch.
Well, it's done now..... live and learn. Also only starts with ether. Nice little generator. Fairly light weight, quiet, and after all the work to get it going, provides reasonable power.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I don't wait until engine quits, I shut it off as soon as it sputters.
On 12/6/2015 7:00 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Come on over, once a month, and start my snow thrower, lawn mower, weed wacker, chain saw, generator, pressure washer and leaf blower.
Your help would be appreciated.
On 12/6/2015 4:38 AM, Micky wrote:

Did you check in the RVV section of Wal-Mart-Mart?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/06/2015 02:38 AM, Micky wrote:

There is a similar product called Friends of Bil. You shouldn't have any problem finding it.

I keep a bottle of Sta-bil from year to year and use as needed. Never gummed up.
On Sunday, December 6, 2015 at 2:32:10 PM UTC-6, Dana F Bonnett wrote:

Wal Mart, Home Depot, Lowe's, Advance Auto Parts, AutoZone, O'Reilly Auto Parts, etc.

Me, too. Just at the end of August I had used the last of a container I'd had 2 or 3 years and bought another one. Most likely I will have it 2 or 3 years before having to buy another bottle.
On 12/06/2015 03:38 AM, Micky wrote:

The product you need is called "Keep Duck" :)

Silly, read the label. It says right on the bottle, just shake the bottle once every 3 months to mix Sta-Bil into the Sta-Bil.
Sort of a perpetual motion machine.
--
Dan Espen