Jenn-Air Dual Cool is Single Warm

Hello,
I have a 1998 side by side Jenn-air with a dual cool system. The unit has been running non stop for several days and the freezer temperature is -5deg F and the refrigerator will not get below 40 deg F no matter what I set the adjustment to. It use to run about 34-35 deg and run for 15 -20 min at a time. We had a repair man come out and he said nothing is wrong with it. He said he could check the freon for $100, but when I reiterated that the freezer was at -5 he said that he did not think it was the freon.
Any Ideas? Tom
snipped-for-privacy@mypad.com (Tom) wrote in message

Hi, Model#? http://www.applianceaid.com/model.html Model# helps.

Slow evaporator fan motor ( in the freezer ), air ducts ( return or blowing ) clogged with frost/ice, light not shutting off in the FF section, door not closing properly, air damper ( blowing air duct ) not opening fully/properly.

JMO!....I'd try another company/servicer.

Preferably a Jenn Air (or Maytag as they one Jenn Air) *authorized factory service depot* (if the original wasn't). I can't imagine a trained technician tapping into a sealed refrigeration system without positive signs of a refrigeration problem. That's why they're sealed to begin with.
JMO
Dan O. - Appliance411.com http://ng.Appliance411.com/?ref411=Jenn-Air+fridges
=~~~~~~
I've seen low on freon a couple times. But only after I ruled out everything else I could think of. And after I temperature tested a couple pipes to see if it behaved like it was moving heat.
--
Christopher A. Young
Jesus: The Reason for the Season