Is there a "special" tool for moving dead brush 100 feet away?

Page 2 of 5

I can see it now...
Is there a special foundation for keeping my tool shed from sliding down this hill.
Pictures of a pile of lumber and tools in a valley.
--
Dan Espen

Ignore the negative comments, it's been a hoot reading the thread, and from other posts you have made you're really quite smart and have good ideas!!!
On Tue, 28 May 2013 10:16:08 -0700, Oren wrote:

And that's just for the foundation! :)

Have you studied the history of the tool shed, yet?
On Tue, 28 May 2013 17:00:15 -0400, krw wrote:

I'm still working on the geology report for the foundation materials. Hornblende, quartz, schist, etc.

How about concrete?

Why don't you just put wheels on it?
--
Dan Espen

He'd have to study the history of the wheel.
On Tue, 28 May 2013 19:05:48 -0400, krw wrote:

It would be what material and size to make the wheels, not necessarily the history per se.
Note: It always amazed me that the native Americans never invented the (transportation) wheel; if only they had the USENET, they'd have that, and steel, and gunpowder, and ...

Right. What use did they have for the wheel?
On Wed, 29 May 2013 21:11:15 -0400, krw wrote:

This is OT, but it always amazed me that the American natives didn't invent the (transportation) wheel. Seems so logical.
If they had better communication, e.g., the USENET, they'd have the wheel, and a whole lot more.
The only thing they wouldn't have are all the diseases that the white man traded with them.
The USENET is so much more hygienic than actual contact!

Just because something is logical, doesn't mean that there is sufficient intellegence available to take advantage of it. As an example of that see your recent thread on moving stickes.

Intelligence has nothing to do with it. There was little need.

weren't they nomads to some degree? wouldn't it have been a help to moving household goods?
On Thu, 30 May 2013 11:16:59 -0700, chaniarts

Across prairies, mountains, and through forests? Likely not. I-80 hadn't been built yet. ;-)

Regardless of what your American-hating public school teachers told you, that was a two-way street.

Now you sound like a millennial.
On Thu, 30 May 2013 12:59:45 -0400, krw wrote:

Indeed. Syphilis went from the Caribbean to the Old World, while Gonorrhea followed suit in the reverse direction.
The Mexican natives should have learned, from the lessons of the battle of Crecy, that you need to shoot the horses first (the big llamas), and then stay away from the sharp swords and simply use arrows to pierce the armor, or, at least use their superior numbers to deprive the Spanish of their supplies. Had they done *that*, they might have still retained control of America. If they had had the USENET, they could have asked me and I would have told them that.

Problem is they didn't know anything about Crecy when the Conquistadors landed.
On Thu, 30 May 2013 19:28:59 -0500, Attila Iskander wrote:

I realize that. They were half-way through their combination of stone age/bronze age, while the Spaniards were gifted with guile and sharp steel swords.
Yet, the numbers were so astonishingly lopsided, 200 Spaniards to 4,000 natives at a time, that the natives had only to learn, and they wouldn't have been defeated.
Point is that applies to the USENET, where we learn from everyone else, or, as the somewhat mythical Sun Tzu would say, know your backyard, and know yourself, and in a hundred skirmishes with brush and poison oak, you will prevail.
:)

. <<<
The technological differences were too large.....