Is there a reasonably priced water filter...

that will remove lime from the water? We're on a private water well.
--

JC from Gnat Flats

JC wrote:

Reasonably priced or not, a filter won't remove dissolved salts. Requires a softener system.

I guess that's why I'm not having much luck getting rid of this stuff. I'm about to open a limeaid stand. <G>
dpb wrote:

Hmmm, RO filter does!

And an RO filter is what?

Can RO (reverse osmosis) be called a filter? I think of it more as a process, however the water is pushed through a membrane. They also need a lot of water to purge them. Not my first choice.
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Well, I suppose it can, but surely isn't the type of filter OP was requesting.

Lowes is advertising a Whirlpool RO (don't know why I didn't snap to what RO was -- gettin old I guess) but it said nothing about lime. I emailed the Whirlpool Customer Service late Friday but have not heard back yet. It's $179.00 and it that will do it, I'll buy several of them.
--

JC from Gnat Flats

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 12:19:13 +0000, JC wrote:

Have your water tested for minerals (hardness) and then install an appropriate water softener. Whether to buy or rent is your choice. There's nothing like softened water for washing clothes and showering.

Franz Fripplfrappl