Is my phone charger dead?

I have a two set phone and both phones will charge on the master. When I put either phone on the extension charger the light will come on, but after 1 second it dies out.
I have used a pencil eraser and cleaned the terminals as best as I can but the charger light will not stay on and it is not charging. The spring on one side looks a little weaker than the other side, but I am pretty sure both are making contact.
It is an ATT phone. It is not this model but the base handset looks like it. http://att.onlinephonestore.com/details/158-7177/ATT-Multi-Line-Phones-20-2422.html
I am thinking about taking some WD40, and spray each terminal as a last ditch attempt to get it to work.
metspitzer wrote:

http://att.onlinephonestore.com/details/158-7177/ATT-Multi-Line-Phones-20-2422.html
Unplug and then bang it on a table. Remember to unplug first.
Lou

Don't use WD-40, Use isopropyl alcohol.
Finagle wires to the contacts and watch the voltage if you have a voltmeter.

better yet, use contact cleaner

metspitzer wrote:

http://att.onlinephonestore.com/details/158-7177/ATT-Multi-Line-Phones-20-2422.html
The edge of a dime can be used to burnish contacts.

digital multimeter for $25 to test the device and its wall outlet and adapter.