Is my phone charger dead?

I have a two set phone and both phones will charge on the master. When I put either phone on the extension charger the light will come on, but after 1 second it dies out.

I have used a pencil eraser and cleaned the terminals as best as I can but the charger light will not stay on and it is not charging. The spring on one side looks a little weaker than the other side, but I am pretty sure both are making contact.

It is an ATT phone. It is not this model but the base handset looks like it.

I am thinking about taking some WD40, and spray each terminal as a last ditch attempt to get it to work.

Reply to
metspitzer

Unplug and then bang it on a table. Remember to unplug first.

Lou

Reply to
LouB

Don't use WD-40, Use isopropyl alcohol.

Finagle wires to the contacts and watch the voltage if you have a voltmeter.

Reply to
tnom

better yet, use contact cleaner

Reply to
AZ Nomad

The edge of a dime can be used to burnish contacts.

Reply to
E Z Peaces

digital multimeter for $25 to test the device and its wall outlet and adapter.

Reply to
buffalobill