Is latex sprayable?

Its my 22' x 24' garage. 1 gallon of very old paint on newly installed drywall. Did a color match with a new gallon of a different brand latex paint. Looks great when wet. Roller marks with slightly different color match very visible when dry. I have half a gallon of the new paint left and the idea is to mist the walls with diluted latex paint so as to blend the roller marks of different paint tints to make them less obvious. Its a garage so color mistakes are not a problem. I have a 5 hp 13 gal compressor as well as a spray gun for stains and oil based paints. Will I screw up the spray gun if I use it for latex?

The next job is my basement development. I may have occasion to do the same spray correction for that, although by then I will be using the same paint supplier and unlikely to have color matching problems.

Reply to
PaPaPeng

Yes. Rent a proper spray gun or better yet an airless spray to experiment with. Many pros use Floetrol additive for latex spraying to keep the spray tips from clogging. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Latex usually doesn't spray very well in your type of spray gun unless you thin it so much that it ruins the paint. I am assuming that you have the type of gun where the paint is atomized by the compressed air, such as the ones used by auto body shops,and not an airless sprayer where the paint is atomized by being forced through an orfice.

It won't hurt the spray gun unless you forget to clean it.

Reply to
Karl S