Installing Water Filter

I want to install a water filter under the sink and use a handle mounted through a hole in the sink. I have a porcelain over cast iron sink. How do I drill the hole?
TIA.

Very carefully and precisely. You have to cut through the porcelain and then drill through the cast. The tool is called a cutter rather than a drill bit. It's actually a combination of the two. You can search for Relton cutters but they are very pricey. I have used a carbide tipped cutter with a pilot drill bit. Slow and steady is the way and the problem you want to prevent is cracking of the porcelain.
Gary Quality Water Associates
I don't understand.... Why not just install a water filter in the cold water line under the sink ?
????

<rj>

Carbon block type cartridges need a flow control that limits the flow to .5 gpm and the faucet runs higher than that. The reason for the flow control is to provide proper contact time for the things in water that can be absorbed and/or adsorbed, to be absorbed and/or adsorbed or they remain in the water.
Gary Quality Water Associates
Markus,
There are punches for cutting holes - two very heavy metal cylinders which work against each other through a hole you first drill in the middle. If this turns out to be the recommended way of doing it, you might be able to rent one (they are expe$ive).
My thoughts are that the easiest way to find out what is the preferred method is to see who sells one and get a manufacturers telephone number - then ask them. I bought a similar sink from Home Depot... .
Good luck.
Steve
Markus J wrote:

What you are describing can only be used on stainless steel sinks, not cast iron.
Gary Quality Water Associates
"Markus J" <> wrote in message
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

His cartridge will be removing more things and more of them than yours due to his increased contact time and use of a carbon block cartridge. He has a true drinking water filter and will only need or want to treat his drinking and cooking water, hence the separate faucet. And I and other dealers drill holes in his type sink for filters and RO systems all the time.
Gary Quality Water Associates