under sink water filter

Would anyone know about the reliability of this company and product?

am considering getting the 100SC, 200CS or the 300UC. the difference is in price ($249, 279, 389 respectively) and what gets filtered.
I get the 300UC I would get the Fluoride and Arsenic filters. Just thought I'd ask what you think.

Bonnie in NJ

Reply to
BonnieJean

If I get the 300UC I would get the Fluoride and Arsenic filters.

Nothing about the company, but don't bother with arsenic filtration unless you've tested the water and know (a) that you have arsenic, and (b) what the water chemistry is (pH and other metals present) and thus what type of filtration is required. There's good stuff at epa.gov on the arsenic issues and water chemistry around the U.S.

Reply to
Toolbert

I can tell you they've been around for a long time. I started in the water biz in 1990 and they were in business then.

If I get the 300UC I would get the Fluoride and Arsenic filters.

Reply to
John

Their ceramic filtration was featured as "Best buy" by Consumers Digest Magazine in July/August 2003 issue however, the company has been around since 1827. Their clients are major world's institutions using their filters in the third world countries where microbiological concern is a problem. I call them for advice on which filter model to buy and they suggested me the least expensive based on my city water contaminants. They even suggested me to buy less expensive carbon filter since my city water have to comply with EPA standards for microbiological contaminants.

Reply to
Healthy_living