Installed Panasonic Bathroom Fans

Over the weekend, I replaced my two bathroom fans with Panasonic bathroom fans. These are by far the quietest bathroom fans I've ever "heard" (if you're running water, the water drowns out the sound of the fans). I highly recommend them.
There's one thing not mentioned in the installation instructions -- if you're installing the fans over preexisting drywall, they include spacers. It appears that you use the long wood screws through the spacers and into the plastic parts. I cannot see instructions telling you how to use the spacers (although the spacers are listed on the parts list), so this is the only way I could figure out how to do it.
The Panasonic fans I used have lights. The lights are flourescent and I do have to admit that the light is a bit blue and takes a while to get used to.
As an aside, not only did my previous fans vent into the attic, but they vented INTO the insulation. The insulation was black and moldy and disgusting.
--
Bob M
remove ".x" to reply

Hey Bob, hows the seal on the flap that slows down heat escape? My Panasonic is quiet but the flap could use a little reengineering.
Here, here!. I went to the HD and purchased a 4" Deflect-O BD04 Draft Blocker for $4 and added it to the exhaust line. This helped alot. I also caulked around the unit and used aluminum tape within the box itself. I used the tape where the electrical box and the exhaust connect with the body of the fan box. This really cut down on the drafts.