Roller for painting a vaulted ceiling

I'm planning on painting the vaulted ceiling (rises to about 14') in the "great room". Would like some comments on rollers that can be used while standing on the floor. I believe there is a roller available that is fed paint through the shaft so you don't have to keep dipping the roller in a paint tray. Are these any good? Are there more than one brand/type to choose from? Which would you recommend keeping in mind that price is a factor since I might never use it again so don't need a professional grade tool?

I have also seen a paint advertised at Home Depot that goes on with a colored tint and dries white to make it easier to tell where you have already painted. Does this stuff work as advertised? I thought that since the surface will be 8' above my head, it may be easier to assure that I am getting complete coverage of white over white.

Thanks John

Reply to
John Richards

Rent scaffolding use an extension ladder or hire a pro, how do you plan on cuttin it in at 14 ft, If you have to ask about special paint and poles you may end up redoing it . Those paints and poles are gimmicks.

Reply to
m Ransley

Totally agree with that approach. Get the scaffolding with the locking wheels and you'll save hours labor and get a decent job to boot. Don't forget to get a good sized ground cloth, A basic rule of old time painters is " the higher the job, the wider the spatters". Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

I have a fairly large living room (52 x 20) with a vaulted ceiling that runs from 10 to 20 feet high. I have scaffolding and the appropriate ladders and was planning to paint it myself but on a lark I got a quote from the fellow that does my exterior painting and he only wanted $250 for two coats of Benjamin Moore. Needless to say he got the job and it looks great.

RB

m Ransley wrote:

Reply to
RB

Thank you all for your comments. Think I will look into hiring a pro.

John

Reply to
John Richards