Silver & Gold plated furnitures

Hello,

I have a table sets where it has a gold plated frame for both table and chair. I've kept up with cleaning until now, where gold plated frames are getting dull and perhaps it's tarnished? Closer inspection revealed that plated layer has some sort of coating and I do not want to use abrasive product to restore shine. Please, help.

Oktokie

Reply to
oktokie

Plated, Good plating shouldnt have a coating If a clear coat is comming off its laquer if its a different color you may have cleaned off the gold plate showing the brass. Maybe it was polished brass and the laquer is gone , cant say, cant see it from here. Likely its just brass not gold plate and you cleaned it away

Reply to
m Ransley