Induction Energy based Limescale Eliminator

Am in a hard water area and my bathroom bath tub hot water faucet, which is fed by a combination boiler, has got essentially gone bust after 1 year. Plumber said the quality of the tap wasn't that great to start with. However, it could be simply coz of the hard water.
Anyway, in my research for a water softener I have come across this item
http://www.eastmidlandswater.com/Details.asp?ProductID
Anyone aware of this sort of device. Looks fairly easy to install but the question is "Is it effective?".
Cheers Hiro London, UK
Hiro wrote:

No. These aren't effective. They've been on the market for years and testing has found they don't work. Take a look at this article - you'll see the same claims have been made before, and under testing have been found to be groundless: http://www.csicop.org/si/9801/powell.html
Your best bet is to stick with a conventional water softener.
HellT
Hmmm.... report says "Perhaps" to magnets and "Definitely yes" to conventional methods....
however, no doubt there are con artists around...
I believe I could build one of these babies myself and sell on ebay for half the price...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HARD-WATER-SOFTENER-DESCALER-CONDITIONER-LIMESCALE_W0QQitemZ6037176178QQcategoryZ3191QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Okay... so I have a Perhaps on the magnetic stuff from that link...
What about a Calmag Polyphosphate ( CalPhos ) device. Does anyone if that does the job?
See http://calmagltd.com/CalPhos.pdf
Cheers Hiro
Hiro wrote:

Why are you looking at the snake oil crap instead of just getting a conventional water softner that we all know works?