Improving Flush in 1.6gpf toilets

The other problem with the Kohler is the size of the discharge chute. To increase velocity they made it smaller. If someone goes too heavy on the paper no amount of water will make it go away.

Reply to
gfretwell

On Thu 08 Sep 2005 07:01:35a, wrote in alt.home.repair:

Sorry, didn't know.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 08 Sep 2005 07:02:57a, wrote in alt.home.repair:

All the negative factors seem to make this a poor toilet choice to begin with,

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 08 Sep 2005 10:01:10a, Rich Heimlich wrote in alt.home.repair:

It definitely helps. I replaced the flappers on two low-end toilets in my rented house and it made a huge difference.

Back in the early 1990s the measure our apartment complex took to reduce water consumption was to replace the standard flapper in all toilets with an early-closing version. When we realized what they had done, we promptly replaced theirs with a standard version.

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright